Commercial Producer Charlotte NC. K2 was ecstatic to collaborate with Ogilvy & Mather New York and Smuggler to work on the exciting 2015 NASCAR spots.
NASCAR and FOX worked with a pair of agencies to develop the creative across the two national series. NASCAR partners Ogilvy & Mather New York created the prolific NASCAR Sprint Cup Series campaign while Pereira O’Dell New York, FOX’s agency partner, worked on the NASCAR XFINITY Series spots.
“What If” will air during the Daytona 500® on Sunday, Feb. 22 (1 p.m. ET on FOX). The spot connects fans with the extraordinary nature of NASCAR, developed over time from a grassroots beginning to a modern era dominated by intense racing competition and driver rivalries.
“The Daytona 500 is a large-scale celebration of what makes NASCAR truly unique,” said Terry Finley, senior partner, group creative director, Ogilvy & Mather. “By bringing to life these unique qualities — from the scale and pageantry, to the driver star power, the rich historical roots, or the embrace of technology, among others — the work makes a compelling case to existing and new fans alike that this type of experience can be found ‘nowhere but NASCAR.’ ”
“Ice Cream” will promote the launch of NASCAR Acceleration Nation™, the sport’s new national youth platform. The remaining spots — “Thank You” and “Fantasy Owner” — highlight the NASCAR digital experience and suite of apps including Raceview and Fantasy Live.
The first of three NASCAR XFINITY Series spots will debut during the series’ race on Saturday, Feb. 21 (3:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1). The original creative, to be released over the next several months, will drive home the narrative that “Names Are Made Here” and feature popular, up-and-coming drivers.
“The sheer energy and momentum being felt in the NASCAR community creates a tremendous environment to work in,” said Robert Gottlieb, FOX Sports EVP of marketing. “We are entering our 15th year of working together with NASCAR and our brands are part of each other’s DNA. This collaboration — in this environment — combines our strong history together with a series of fresh, new ideas that tap into the passion surrounding the sport.”
The overall NASCAR creative campaign spots are:
• What If: Features a fresh and authentic take on NASCAR, highlighting the sport’s evolution into the greatest show on pavement.
o Click here to view the spot: http://youtu.be/FdIYvsCjEf4
• Regular Season: In NASCAR, every race and every win matters. The intensity, the pressure, and the stakes are higher each week and if you win…you’re in the Chase. NASCAR’s regular season is anything but regular.
o Click here to view the spot: http://youtu.be/YD2ZWRabgoE
• Ice Cream: Introduces NASCAR Acceleration Nation, the sport’s first-ever youth platform designed to make learning math and science fun for kids.
o Click here to view the spot: http://youtu.be/m5uXQandkJE
• Thank You: Promotes NASCAR.com’s Raceview app, which brings fans all the information they need to follow the race when on-the-go.
o Click here to view the spot: http://youtu.be/GbDIIxhiv5k
• Fantasy Owner: Promotes NASCAR.com’s Fantasy product and encourages fans to sign up and engage all season long.
o Click here to view the spot: http://youtu.be/lt_sOU3ToSM
• Names: Introduces viewers to up-and-coming NASCAR XFINITY Series drivers who work tirelessly to prepare for their shot at glory on the track.
o Click here to view the spot: http://youtu.be/Sb50axXbwaQ
Article from http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2015/2/21/official-nascar-release-2015-creative-campaigns.html